Course Materials (In Progress)
After the successful completion of this course, you will:
The design of this course
- This course requires you to take an active role in your learning. Skills cannot be learned by passively listening to a lecture. You have to get your hands dirty with the data.
- The resources for learning analytics are bountiful and FREE! In this spirit, and to relieve some of your (parents’) financial burdens, all the course materials are free.
- This does not mean you don’t need to use the materials. Free != not valuable.
- I will record videos to go over all the technical aspects of the course so you can review/follow along outside class. You must view these before synchronous lectures to familiarize yourself with the material before class. You must view these after synchronous lectures to work out any wrinkles.
- I am here to help you learn. If you need more individual help, please set up a Zoom meeting with me.
Course Notes (Incomplete)
Technical Video Tutorials (Watch in conjunction with reading notes before lecture)
- Connecting GDrive to Colab
- Data types and variables
- Iterable data structures
- Pandas – reading and saving data
- Pandas – indexing/subsetting dataframes
- Pandas – descriptive statistics
- Pandas – Groupby
- Pandas – Merging datasets
- Plotting basics
- Plotting advanced
- Regression overview
- Statsmodels – Regression
- Sklearn – Clustering
- Sklearn – Segmentation
- Statsmodels – Forecasting
- TextBlob – text analysis
- Assignment 1 – Make your CV in Colab
- Assignment 2 – Write some functions
- Assignment 3 – Working with data – Yelp Reviews
- Assignment 4 – Visualizing data – Rent the Runway and Orange Telecom
- Assignment 5 – Hypothesis testing – Facebook Ads and Starbucks Promos
- Assignment 6
- Assignment 7
- Assignment 8
- Assignment 9
- Assignment 10
- Assignment 11
- Assignment 12