Course Materials (In Progress)
The design of this course
- This course requires you to take an active role in your learning. Skills cannot be learned by passively listening to a lecture. You have to get your hands dirty with the data.
- The resources for learning analytics are bountiful and FREE! In this spirit, and to relieve some of your (parents’) financial burdens, all the course materials are free.
- This does not mean you don’t need to use the materials. Free != not valuable.
- I will record videos to go over all the technical aspects of the course so you can review/follow along outside class. You must view these before synchronous lectures to familiarize yourself with the material before class. You must view these after synchronous lectures to work out any wrinkles.
- I am here to help you learn. If you need more individual help, please set up a Zoom meeting with me.
Course Notes (Updated 12/3/2020)
Technical Video Tutorials (Watch in conjunction with reading notes before lecture)
- Assignment 1 – Make your CV in Colab
- Assignment 2 – Write some functions
- Assignment 3 – Working with data – Yelp Reviews
- Assignment 4 – Visualizing data – Rent the Runway and Orange Telecom
- Assignment 5 – Hypothesis testing – Facebook Ads and Starbucks Promos
- Assignment 6 – Regression 1: Foot traffic and Avocado pricing
- Assignment 7 – Avocado pricing elasticities + Starbucks promo heterogeneous effectiveness
- Assignment 8 – Logit: predicting fit on Rent the Runway + churn at Orange Telecom
- Assignment 9 – Segmentation: Behavioral segmentation on e-Retailer
- Assignment 10 – Product recommendation (Collaborative Filtering)
- Assignment 11 – Text Analysis with Yelp Reviews