Resuming in Spring 2018
Overview of reading series:
1st and 2nd year students are asked to present a recently accepted or published paper in one of the top journals in marketing or management. The point of this exercise is three fold. First, the talks are aimed at exposing students and faculty to the state of the art research in an engaging and in depth way. Second, the talks should help both presenters and participants cultivate and develop new research ideas. Third, students should gain valuable presentation experience.
The expectation is as follows:
0. Pick and announce the paper at least a week in advance.
1. You have 1 hour to present the paper, during which the following should be accomplished.
2. Explain the paper, including its main contributions (substantive, theoretical, methodological, managerial, i.e. what makes it a good paper) and more importantly its novelty (what makes it an interesting paper).
2. Describe what you view to be an important weakness of the paper and any thoughts on potential remedies.
3. Suggest a few actionable research questions that are inspired by the paper.
4. Answer questions and prompt discussion among the attendees.
Any ABD students are encouraged to participate as well and are welcome to present their original research.